Supporting projects and activities in the fields of education, training, youth and sport.
The new Erasmus+ programme aims to support actions in the fields of Education, Training, Youth and Sport for the period 2014-2020.
Erasmus+ replaces seven programmes bringing together
– The Lifelong Learning Programme (Erasmus, Leonardo da Vinci, Comenius, Grundtvig and Jean Monnet)
– The Youth in Action programme
– Five international cooperation programmes (Erasmus Mundus, Tempus, Alfa, Edulink, the programme for cooperation with industrialised countries)
– The new sport action.
Erasmus + provides grants for a wide range of actions and activities in the fields of education, training, youth and sport. The programme gives opportunities to students, trainees, staff and volunteers to spend a period abroad to increase their skills and employability. It supports organisations to work in transnational partnership and to share innovative practices in the fields of education, training and youth. The new Sport action will support grassroots projects and cross-border challenges such as combating match-fixing, doping, violence and racism.
The European Commission, DG Education and Culture, is in charge of the policies related to the fields of Education, Training and Youth. For more information about the E+ programme, to read policy documents and an overview of the opportunities offered, please visit the Erasmus+ website http://ec.europa.eu/programmes/erasmus-plus/index_en.htm
Shares of the Erasmus + operations are divided into decentralized and centralized Actions:
– The Decentralised actions are managed in Each Country Programme by the other party of the National Agencies What are nominated by their national authorities.
– The Centralised actions are managed at European Level Executive Agency for the ‘ Education, The Audiovisual and Culture (EACEA) based in Brussels .
EACEA And Responsible Management of full life cycle of projects LLP, from the promotion of the program, the ‘ Analysis of Funding Requests , on-site monitoring of projects , the dissemination of projects and results of the program.